Re: NOTIFY and pg_notify performance when deduplicating notifications - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Catalin Iacob
Subject Re: NOTIFY and pg_notify performance when deduplicating notifications
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 7:20 PM <julien@jdemoor.com> wrote:
> I have a feature built around LISTEN / NOTIFY that works perfectly well, except for the enormous performance impact
totransactions that emit large numbers of notifications.

Indeed, I have the same and am very interested in this.

> I hope this patch can be reviewed and included in PostgreSQL.

I added this to the next Commitfest and added myself as a reviewer.
Will try to a review beginning of next week.
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/20/1820/