Re: Patch: initdb: "'" for QUOTE_PATH (non-windows) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ryan Murphy
Subject Re: Patch: initdb: "'" for QUOTE_PATH (non-windows)
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Aug 20, 2016 at 8:26 AM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Aug 20, 2016 at 4:39 AM, Ryan Murphy <ryanfmurphy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is another version of my initdb shell quoting patch.  I have removed
> the unnecessary {} block.  I also ran pgindent on the code prior to creating
> the patch.

Could you please *not* top-post? This breaks the logic of the thread,
this is the third time that I mention it, and that's not the style of
this mailing list.

Sure, sorry about that.  Am not used to this style of mailing list.  I had been avoiding top posting since you first mentioned it but then with the new patch I didn't know if that was still supposed to go at the bottom.

Regarding your patch, with a bit of clean up it gives the attached.
You should declare variables at the beginning of a code block or
function. One call to appendPQExpBufferStr can as well be avoided, and
you added too many newlines. I have switched that as ready for
committer.
--
Michael

Thanks Michael, I've looked at your changes and everything looks good to me.

I did notice the commit message is gone etc., is that not part of the patch?  Perhaps the committer prefers to write their own message, that's fine too.