Re: Arduino SQL Connector - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Spence
Subject Re: Arduino SQL Connector
Date
Re: Arduino SQL Connector  (David Rysdam <drysdam@ll.mit.edu>)
List pgsql-general
It's actually quite freeing, not complicating. I can put the values
right into the fields I need them to be in (or get values from the
database I need to control the Arduino), without going through a
intermediate process. If you have a serial process I can look at that
works with 1000 or more remote sensors all over the world to a hosted
database server, I'd love to look at it. Right now what I have works,
but I have no GIS functionality.

Sorry if I came across with perceived attitude, but I explained what I
was currently doing (and it works well), gave a working example link,
showed the source code link that makes it work, but apparently had the
audacity to think that Postgres would want to participate in a IOT
phenomenon. I'm not asking for help porting my application, I'm
suggesting that postgres would find hundreds of thousands of new fans
if they chose to support this useful device in such a manner.

The Arduino is very good at compiling includes written in C/C++. just
need a .h and .ccp file with the correct syntax, but very compact. It
used to be part of the fun making programs fit in 4-16k back in the
day.

I write my "business logic" in a php app that resides on the server
that uses the data from the sensor table, creates graphs, outputs pdf
reports and pushes control decisions back to the arduino through a
jobs queue table. A simple "select * from" on the arduino picks up the
control jobs and sets outputs accordingly.
Steve Spence, KK4HFJ
Director, Green Trust
http://www.green-trust.org
Http://arduinotronics.blogspot.com