unable to attach client process to postgres server using gdb - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Rajmohan C
Subject unable to attach client process to postgres server using gdb
Date
List pgsql-novice
hi,

   I am working with PostgreSQL 9.3.4 source using Eclipse IDE in
ubuntu 14.04. I am facing a problem in attaching client process to
postgresql server using gdb to debug. When I start the postmaster then
I connect to it from client on a terminal. It works fine. Queries get
process id from list I get error saying

Can't find a source file at
"/build/buildd/eglibc-2.19/socket/../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/recv.c"
Locate the file or edit the source lookup path to include its location.

 After this when I send any query from client, it just stucks. No
response comes. After attaching gdb to client process, client does not
get any response from postgres server. One thing to note is that I was
able to debug properly till yesterday. But now it is not working. I
tried reinstalling but did not help. How could I fix this issue?
Kindly help.

Rajmohan