Re: test git conversion - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Maciek Sakrejda
Subject Re: test git conversion
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
The "/Attic" issue turned out to be a cvs2git problem; Michael
Haggerty fixed it very quickly. We now convert with spotless [1]
verification across all 80 (!) tags and the history looks clean. I
think we're ready to roll.

The conversion process is a little convoluted, but most of it is
automated. As before, the scripts to do the conversion are on github:
https://github.com/deafbybeheading/pgjdbc2git/ . In theory, I think
anyone running the script against the same repository bundle *should*
produce the same git history, but I didn't want to push the result to
github yet just in case.

[1]: Because git avoids CVS-style keywords, the conversion cannot be
perfect; in verification I substitute "/cvsroot" for the repository
root (though this only affects some older branches)
---
Maciek Sakrejda | System Architect | Truviso

1065 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Suite 215
Foster City, CA 94404
(650) 242-3500 Main
www.truviso.com