Re: Creating composite keys from csv - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Eli Murray
Subject Re: Creating composite keys from csv
Date
List pgsql-general
Thank you all for your help. I'm following along with John McKown's suggestion but when I run the update query I get "UPDATE 32956" but the personid column in my rawdata table has null values for every record.

Here's the exact query I ran:

UPDATE rawdata SET personid = (SELECT personid FROM assignid WHERE rawdata.personid = assignid.personid);

I think the issue might be that it's only selecting records where personid is the same in both tables and right now there are only null values in rawdata.personid. What query should I write to SET rawdata.personid = assignid.personid WHERE rawdata.employeename && rawdata.totalsalary = assignid.name && assignid.totalsalary?