Re: GNU GPL license in some of the source files - Mailing list psycopg

From Chris Mildebrandt
Subject Re: GNU GPL license in some of the source files
Date
Re: GNU GPL license in some of the source files  ("Karsten Hilbert" <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net>)
List psycopg
There's a file (sandbox/test-psycopg2-datetime-systematic.py) that has the following lines:

# $Source: /sources/gnumed/gnumed/gnumed/client/testing/test-psycopg2-datetime-systematic.py,v $
__version__ = "$Revision: 1.1 $"
__author__  = "K.Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net>"
__license__ = 'GPL (details at http://www.gnu.org)'
# =======================================================================

How would you like to handle this? Usually we would remove the file or get written permission from the author to change the license.

Another place is line 571 in setup.py:
license="GPL with exceptions or ZPL",

Can I change that to:
license="LGPL with exceptions or ZPL",

Thanks,
-Chris

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 8:01 AM, Daniele Varrazzo <daniele.varrazzo@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 3:43 PM, Chris Mildebrandt
<chris@woodenrhino.com> wrote:
> Hi Daniele,
>
> Thanks for the clarification on the licensing for psycopg. If you can give
> some quick high-level steps on how to submit a patch, I can do that for the
> files mentioned below.

If you want to go through git you can fork the git repos at
https://github.com/psycopg/psycopg2/ (check out the tag 2_5_3), change
the 6 files above and remove the unwanted license, commit then send a
pull request. Otherwise just send me a diff via email of the 6 changed
files and I'll apply it.

-- Daniele