Re: Default values in functions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Lewis
Subject Re: Default values in functions
Date
List pgsql-general

On Wed, Dec 29, 2021, 4:31 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
You didn't say what icount() is, but if it's the one from
contrib/intarray, it's STRICT meaning it'll return NULL,
not zero, for a null array input.

Thanks for that. Very good to know.

(Or IOW, null::int[] is not at all the same thing as array[]::int[].)

Understood. My hope is to pass a parameter that gets overridden by the default so that I can pass other parameters that come after.

>     SELECT pTimeToDisplay AT TIME ZONE'UTC' INTO pTimeToDisplay;

This is very unlikely to produce anything sane.

Sorry for that confusion. It was intended as an example of non default later in the list after a default.