Re: Handling transaction failure due to concurrency errors - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Christopher BROWN
Subject Re: Handling transaction failure due to concurrency errors
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Tom,

That's what I was looking for, so thanks, I'll give it a go.

Best regards,
Christopher

On 2 March 2018 at 16:21, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Christopher BROWN <brown@reflexe.fr> writes:
> Thanks for the quick reply.  OK for the explanation, and I don't mind
> implementing the retry logic for this case... I just don't know how to
> detect when my code encounters this case (as opposed to other cases that
> can arise, such as unresolved foreign keys when importing data; I don't
> want to get into an infinite retry loop because it will never work in these
> other cases).

Yes, you should only retry in this way for the specific case of a
serialization failure (SQLSTATE 40001).

                        regards, tom lane