[ADMIN] Standby: Use WAL instead of Streaming for now - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Don Seiler
Subject [ADMIN] Standby: Use WAL instead of Streaming for now
Date
List pgsql-admin
This afternoon we've experienced an odd network issue where streaming replication and WAL file rsync performance are very poor. The standby is currently over 2 hours behind when normally it's under a minute.

Oddly, our NetApp mirror replication performance is just fine. We mirror our WAL archive location so I could just copy the WAL files from the mirror to our standby host very quickly.

The problem now is how do I tell the standby to use the WALs and not streaming replication? Do I just comment out primary_conninfo? Can I then do a pg_reload_conf() or do I need to restart the standby DB? None of those things?

My searches so far for this kind of thing seem to focus on stopping recovery altogether, which isn't what I want. I just want it to use the local WAL files for now until we get the networking issue resolved.

Don.

--
Don Seiler
www.seiler.us