pg_basebackup caused FailedAssertion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject pg_basebackup caused FailedAssertion
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

In HEAD, when I ran "pg_basebackup -D hoge -X stream",
I got the following FailedAssertion error:

TRAP: FailedAssertion("!((wakeEvents & ((1 << 1) | (1 << 2))) != (1 <<
2))", File: "pg_latch.c", Line: 234)

This error happens after the commit 0b6329130e8e4576e97ff763f0e773347e1a88af.

This assertion error happens when WL_SOCKET_WRITEABLE without
WL_SOCKET_READABLE is specified in WaitLatchOrSocket(). This
condition is met when walsender has received CopyDone from the client,
but the output buffer is not empty. If reaching such condition is legitimate,
I think that we should get rid of the Assertion check which caused the above
FailedAssertion error. Thought?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao