Re: BUG #7534: walreceiver takes long time to detect n/w breakdown - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: BUG #7534: walreceiver takes long time to detect n/w breakdown
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 11:52 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
<hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
> On 11.10.2012 13:17, Amit Kapila wrote:
>>>
>>> How does this look now?
>>

>> The Patch is fine and test results are also fine.
>

> Ok, thanks. Committed.

I found one typo. The attached patch fixes that typo.

ISTM you need to update the protocol.sgml because you added
the field 'replyRequested' to WalSndrMessage and StandbyReplyMessage.

Is it worth adding the same mechanism (send back the reply immediately
if walsender request a reply) into pg_basebackup and pg_receivexlog?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao

Attachment