Re: Support for REINDEX CONCURRENTLY - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Support for REINDEX CONCURRENTLY
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 1:46 AM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Why do you want to temporarily mark it as valid? I don't see any
> requirement that it is set to that during validate_index() (which imo is
> badly named, but...).
> I'd just set it to valid in the same transaction that does the swap.

+1. I cannot realize yet why isprimary flag needs to be set even
in the invalid index. In current patch, we can easily get into the
inconsistent situation, i.e., a table having more than one primary
key indexes.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao