Re: odd behavior in materialized view - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: odd behavior in materialized view
Date
Re: odd behavior in materialized view  (Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 7:36 AM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> wrote:
> Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> When I accessed the materialized view in the standby server,
>
>> I got the following ERROR message. Looks odd to me. Is this a bug?
>>
>>    ERROR:  materialized view "hogeview" has not been populated
>>    HINT:  Use the REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW command.
>>
>> The procedure to reproduce this error message is:
>>
>> In the master server:
>>    CREATE TABLE hoge (i int);
>>    INSERT INTO hoge VALUES (generate_series(1,100));
>>    CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW hogeview AS SELECT * FROM hoge;
>>    DELETE FROM hoge;
>>    REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW hogeview;
>>    SELECT count(*) FROM hogeview;
>>
>> In the standby server
>>    SELECT count(*) FROM hogeview;
>>
>> SELECT count(*) goes well in the master, and expectedly returns 0.
>> OTOH, in the standby, it emits the error message.
>
> Will investigate.

Thanks!

And I found another problem. When I ran the following SQLs in the master,
PANIC error occurred in the standby.
   CREATE TABLE hoge (i int);   INSERT INTO hoge VALUES (generate_series(1,100));   CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW hogeview
ASSELECT * FROM hoge;   VACUUM ANALYZE;

The PANIC error messages that I got in the standby are
   WARNING:  page 0 of relation base/12297/16387 is uninitialized   CONTEXT:  xlog redo visible: rel 1663/12297/16387;
blk0   PANIC:  WAL contains references to invalid pages   CONTEXT:  xlog redo visible: rel 1663/12297/16387; blk 0

base/12297/16387 is the file of the materialized view 'hogeview'.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao