Re: the number of pending entries in GIN index with FASTUPDATE=on - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: the number of pending entries in GIN index with FASTUPDATE=on
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 4:34 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Seems useful to me.
>>
>> Seems like the appropriate place to expose this would be in a
>> GIN-specific variant of contrib/pgstattuple's pgstatindex().
>
> Yeah, that seems good to me, too.  Or something in pgstatindex, anyway.

Agreed. Attached patch introduces the pgstatginindex() which now reports
GIN version number, number of pages in the pending list and number of
tuples in the pending list, as information about a GIN index.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao

Attachment