Re: [BUG] Checkpointer on hot standby runs without looking checkpoint_segments - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: [BUG] Checkpointer on hot standby runs without looking checkpoint_segments
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
<horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> These seems quite reasonable. These conditions make following
> conditional expression.
>
>     restorePtr <= replayPtr <= receivePtr
>
> But XLByteLT(recievePtr, replayPtr) this should not return true
> under the condition above.. Something wrong in my assumption?

When walreceiver is not running, i.e., the startup process reads the WAL files
from the archival area, the replay location would get bigger than the
receive one.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao