Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 4:38 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 4:26 PM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 2:10 PM, Michael Paquier
>> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Oh, that worked in my machine, too, this time... I did something wrong.
>> Sorry for the noise.
> No problem, thanks for spending time testing.

Probably I got the similar but another problem. I set synchronous_standby_num
to 2 and started up two synchronous standbys. When I ran write transactions,
they were successfully completed. That's OK.

I sent the SIGSTOP signal to the walreceiver process in one of sync standbys,
and then ran write transactions again. In this case, they must not be completed
because their WAL cannot be replicated to the standby that its walreceiver
was stopped. But they were successfully completed.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao