Re: max_worker_processes on the standby - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: max_worker_processes on the standby
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 7:48 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> oonishitk@nttdata.co.jp wrote:
>
>> The below error messages were shown in standby server log:
>>
>> FATAL:  could not access status of transaction 9009
>> DETAIL:  Could not read from file "pg_commit_ts/0000" at offset 90112: Success.
>> CONTEXT:  xlog redo Transaction/COMMIT: 2015-09-30 15:52:41.924141+09
>> LOG:  startup process (PID 23199) exited with exit code 1
>> LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
>>
>> Before this FATAL, there were some INFO but annoying messages:
>>
>> LOG:  file "pg_commit_ts/0000" doesn't exist, reading as zeroes
>
> Here's a patch.

I've not read the patch yet, but the patched server with track_commit_timestamp
enabled caused the following PANIC error when I ran pgbench.

PANIC:  could not access status of transaction 2457
DETAIL:  Could not read from file "pg_commit_ts/0000" at offset 24576: Success.
STATEMENT:  END;

The procedure to reproduce the PANIC error is,

1. Enable track_commit_timestamp
2. Start up the server
3. Run pgbench -i -s10
4. Run pgbench -j 4 -c 4 -T 30