Re: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL
Date
Re: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila@huawei.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 10:25 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila@huawei.com> wrote:
> 1. have a system table pg_global_system_settings(key,value)

Do we really need to store the settings in a system table?
Since WAL would be generated when storing the settings
in a system table, this approach seems to prevent us from
changing the settings in the standby.

> 2. On SQL command execution, insert if the value doesn't exist or update if
> already existing.

This means that we should implement something like MERGE
command first?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao