Re: replication_timeout does not seem to be working - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: replication_timeout does not seem to be working
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 5:14 AM, A J <s5aly@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 9.1, Beta3 I set the following on master
> replication_timeout = 10s       # in milliseconds; 0 disables
> With no slaves running, I expect a failure in about 10s. But any Insert just
> hangs. Any idea ?

If you set up synchronous replication but there is no standby server,
all the write transactions are blocked infinitely whether replication_timeout
is enabled or not. If you want to cause those transactions to end, you need
to disable synchronous replication by, for example, emptying
synchronous_standby_names or need to set up new standby.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center