Re: Function to know last log write timestamp - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Function to know last log write timestamp
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 9:23 AM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> wrote:
> We can know the LSN of last committed WAL record on primary by using
> pg_current_xlog_location(). It seems there's no API to know the time
> when the WAL record was created. I would like to know standby delay by
> using pg_last_xact_replay_timestamp() and such that API.
>
> If there's no such a API, it would be useful to invent usch an API IMO.

+1

I proposed that function before, but unfortunately it failed to be applied.
But I still think that function is useful to calculate the replication delay.
The past discussion is
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAHGQGwF3ZjfuNEj5ka683KU5rQUBtSWtqFq7g1X0g34o+JXWBw@mail.gmail.com

Regards,

--