Should we remove "not fast" promotion at all? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Should we remove "not fast" promotion at all?
Date
Re: Should we remove "not fast" promotion at all?  (Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

We discussed the $SUBJECT in the following threads:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA+TgmoZbR+WL8E7MF_KRp6fY4FD2pMr11TPiuyjMFX_Vtg1Wrw@mail.gmail.com
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAHGQGwEBUvgcx8X+Z0Hh+VdwYcJ8KCuRuLt1jSsxeLxPcX=0_w@mail.gmail.com

Our consensus seems to remove "not fast" promotion at all
because there is no use case for that promotion.

Attached patch removes "not fast" promotion. Barring any objections,
I will commit this patch.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao