[HACKERS] logical rep worker for table sync can start and stop very frequently unexpectedly - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject [HACKERS] logical rep worker for table sync can start and stop very frequently unexpectedly
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I observed $subject when I ran the following steps.

1. start the publisher server
2. start the subscriber server
3. create table with primary key and publication for it
4. insert several records into the table
5. create table with primary key and subscription
6. wait for table sync to finish
7. drop the subscription and recreate the subscription

Then the launcher starts the worker, and the worker starts
another worker for table sync. But that worker for table sync
exits immediately because of primary key violation.
Then the worker tries to start new worker for table sync immediately
and it also exits immediately because of primary key violation.
This sequence repeats very fast...

Attached is the script that I used to reproduce the issue.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao