Re: double writes using "double-write buffer" approach [WIP] - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: double writes using "double-write buffer" approach [WIP]
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 7:31 AM, Dan Scales <scales@vmware.com> wrote:
> Let me know if you have any thoughts/comments, etc.  The patch is
> enclosed, and the README.doublewrites is updated a fair bit.

ISTM that the double-write can prevent torn-pages in neither double-write file
nor data file in *base backup*. Because both double-write file and data file can
be backed up while being written. Is this right? To avoid the torn-page problem,
we should write FPI to WAL during online backup even if the double-write has
been committed?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao