Re: pgsql: Add gin_clean_pending_list function to clean up GIN pending list - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: pgsql: Add gin_clean_pending_list function to clean up GIN pending list
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 1:09 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Fujii Masao <fujii@postgresql.org> writes:
>> Add gin_clean_pending_list function to clean up GIN pending list
>
> The regression test case added by this commit is unstable, as per
> http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=spoonbill&dt=2016-02-06%2000%3A00%3A06
>
> I imagine what happened there is that autovacuum came along and cleared
> the pending-list before the test query could.

Thanks for the report! Yes, that's possible. I'm thinking to disable
autovacuum for the index which pg_clean_pending_list() is working on
by setting autovacuum_enabled reloption when creating the table.
Patch attached. This patch also sets gin_pending_list_limit reloption
to 4MB, just to be safe, so that "make installcheck" will not fail
even when gin_pending_list_limit GUC is very small.

Barring objection, I'll push this patch.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao

Attachment