Re: [ADMIN] PG synchronous replication and unresponsive slave - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: [ADMIN] PG synchronous replication and unresponsive slave
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 6:37 AM, Manoj Govindassamy
<manoj@nimblestorage.com> wrote:
> (2) We are not comfortable moving to PGPool just for automatic failback mode
> on hot-standby failure.

Hmm.. my reply might be misleading. What I meant was to use pgpool-II
as a clusterware for PostgreSQL built-in replication, not as a replication
itself. You can health-check, do failover if necessary and manage the
PostgreSQL replication by using pgpool-II. AFAIK pgpool-II has such an
operation mode. But you are still not comfortable in using pgpool-II in
that way?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao