Re: PENDING_LIST_CLEANUP_SIZE - maximum size of GIN pending list Re: HEAD seems to generate larger WAL regarding GIN index - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: PENDING_LIST_CLEANUP_SIZE - maximum size of GIN pending list Re: HEAD seems to generate larger WAL regarding GIN index
Date
In response to Re: PENDING_LIST_CLEANUP_SIZE - maximum size of GIN pending list Re: HEAD seems to generate larger WAL regarding GIN index  (Etsuro Fujita <fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
Responses Re: PENDING_LIST_CLEANUP_SIZE - maximum size of GIN pending list Re: HEAD seems to generate larger WAL regarding GIN index  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 7:01 PM, Etsuro Fujita
<fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> (2014/11/11 2:31), Fujii Masao wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Etsuro Fujita
>>>
>>> The patch looks good to me except for the following point:
>

>>> *** a/src/backend/access/gin/ginfast.c
>>> --- b/src/backend/access/gin/ginfast.c
>>> ***************
>>> *** 25,30 ****
>>> --- 25,32 ----
>>>    #include "utils/memutils.h"
>>>    #include "utils/rel.h"
>>>
>>> + /* GUC parameter */
>>> + int                   pending_list_cleanup_size = 0;
>>>
>>> I think we need to initialize the GUC to boot_val, 4096 in this case.
>>

>> No, IIUC basically the variable for GUC doesn't need to be initialized
>> to its default value. OTOH, it's also harmless to initialize it to the
>> default.
>> I like the current code a bit because we don't need to change the initial
>> value again when we decide to change the default value of GUC.
>> I have no strong opinion about this, though.
>

> OK, so if there are no objections of others, I'll mark this as "Ready for
> Committer".

I just pushed this. Thanks!

Regards,

--