Re: [HACKERS] [bug fix] dblink leaks unnamed connections - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: [HACKERS] [bug fix] dblink leaks unnamed connections
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 3:52 PM, Tsunakawa, Takayuki
<tsunakawa.takay@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> dblink fails to close the unnamed connection as follows when a new unnamed connection is requested.  The attached
patchfixes this.

This issue was reported about ten years ago and added as TODO item.
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-10/msg00895.php

I agree that this is a bug, and am tempted to back-patch to all the supported
versions. But it had not been fixed in many years since the first report of
the issue. So I'm not sure if it's ok to just treat this as a bug right now and
back-patch. Or we should fix this only in HEAD? Anyway I'd like to hear
more opinions about this.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao