Re: Separating bgwriter and checkpointer - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Separating bgwriter and checkpointer
Date
Re: Separating bgwriter and checkpointer
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 7:53 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> This patch splits bgwriter into 2 processes: checkpointer and
> bgwriter, seeking to avoid contentious changes. Additional changes are
> expected in this release to build upon these changes for both new
> processes, though this patch stands on its own as both a performance
> vehicle and in some ways a refcatoring to simplify the code.

I like this idea to simplify the code. How much performance gain can we
expect by this patch?

> Current patch has a bug at shutdown I've not located yet, but seems
> likely is a simple error. That is mainly because for personal reasons
> I've not been able to work on the patch recently. I expect to be able
> to fix that later in the CF.

You seem to have forgotten to include checkpointor.c and .h in the patch.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center