Re: [HACKERS] logical replication and PANIC during shutdowncheckpoint in publisher - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: [HACKERS] logical replication and PANIC during shutdowncheckpoint in publisher
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 5:25 AM, Peter Eisentraut
> On 4/12/17 09:55, Fujii Masao wrote:
>> To fix this issue, we should terminate walsender for logical replication
>> before shutdown checkpoint starts. Of course walsender for physical
>> replication still needs to keep running until shutdown checkpoint ends,
>> though.
>
> Can we turn it into a kind of read-only or no-new-commands mode instead,
> so it can keep streaming but not accept any new actions?

So we make walsenders switch to that mode and wait for all the already-ongoing
their "write" commands to finish, and then we start a shutdown checkpoint?
This is an idea, but seems a bit complicated. ISTM that it's simpler to
terminate only walsenders for logical rep before shutdown checkpoint.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao