Re: Proper way to reload config files in backend SIGHUP handler - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Euler Taveira
Subject Re: Proper way to reload config files in backend SIGHUP handler
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I am writing a PostgreSQL extension and need to reload certain
> extension-managed files whenever the postmaster is reloaded/receives SIGHUP,
> but cannot find anything that looks like a standard way to do that. Is there a
> hook or recommended method or something else I am missing?

Signals are initially blocked in bgworker. You have to unblock them
(see BackgroundWorkerUnblockSignals) to allow your extension to
customize its signal handlers. See an example in worker_spi test
module.

--
   Euler Taveira                                   Timbira -
http://www.timbira.com.br/