Re: Proposal: http2 wire format - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: Proposal: http2 wire format
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> * room for other resultset formats later. Like Damir, I really want to add
> protobuf or json serializations of result sets at some point, mainly so we
> can return "entity graphs" in graph representation rather than left-join
> projection.

-1. I don't think this belongs in postgres.

Maybe the functionality does not belong in *core* postgres, but I sure would like it to be possible to have an extension being able to do it.

A bit similar to what logical decoding plugins do now, just more flexible in terms of protocol

Cheers
Hannu