Re: Postgres Version want to update from 9.2 to 9.5 version in CentOS 7.9 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gautham Raj
Subject Re: Postgres Version want to update from 9.2 to 9.5 version in CentOS 7.9
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thank you for the quick response.

Yes, I'm willing to get the latest version. I read some articles CentOS 7 doesn't support the latest versions. So was trying the old versions.

I tried the article shared but, got the below error at the step.

image.png
Something is wrong here.

Please suggest the steps for resolving this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Gautham

On Fri, Apr 28, 2023 at 10:08 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Gautham Raj <gauthamrajsunny@gmail.com> writes:
> *Problem: Having multiple versions of Postgres installed in CentOS 7. I
> Want to set the 9.5 version as default. Not able to access Postgres 9.5
> through the terminal as well.*

>    1. For Command *psql --version* I'm getting 9.5 as the version.
>    2. For Command *sudo -u postgres psql *I'm getting 9.2 as the version.

You'd need to read up on Red Hat's "SCL" packaging system to understand
how to use that rh-postgresql95 package.  SCL is since my time there,
but I'm pretty sure it's intentional that it's not in the default PATH.

But TBH, all the versions available from Red Hat for RHEL7/CentOS7 are
out of support as far as the upstream community is concerned; to us it's
pretty mystifying why you'd be trying to migrate to an already-years-dead
release branch.  I'd suggest getting some more modern release from
https://www.postgresql.org/download/

                        regards, tom lane
Attachment