Re: SQL query runs fine on one platform (FreeBSD), but hangs on another (Windows) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Noel
Subject Re: SQL query runs fine on one platform (FreeBSD), but hangs on another (Windows)
Date
List pgsql-general
> 'health'<>'' (if that is what you have) means a boolean expression that
> compares the
> literal 'health' with the empty literal '' which is of course always false.

Ah. Gotcha. Thanks. I didn't know you could use a single double
quotation mark in a query -- I thought like in most languages that you
needed two of them for it to be valid.

> Maybe *health* is a column name somewhere ? In this case it should be
> written :
> "health" <> '' (i.e. comparison between the value of column "health" and the
> literal value '')

'health' is one of the accepted values of the page table's
"Classification" column.

Many thanks,

-David