enforcing transaction mode for read-write queries. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Subject enforcing transaction mode for read-write queries.
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi ,

We are a PerlDBI shop and  and are  doing a code migration from
implicit transaction mode (ie, AutoCommit=>0)  to an explicit mode (ie, AutoCommit=>1) .

While the code migration is ongoing (or even permanently)  We wish that postgresql reject
any UPDATE , DELETE , INSERT , nextval ,  setval etc unless the session is in a transaction
mode . ie they should be preceded by an explicit "BEGIN work;". This shall immensely help
us to prevent many bugs in the migration.

Is there any way to accomplish that ? Any help shall be greatly appreciated.

regds
Rajesh Kumar Mallah.