Re: Call postgres PL/Python stored function from another PL/Python block. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From lodopidolo
Subject Re: Call postgres PL/Python stored function from another PL/Python block.
Date
List pgsql-general
Ok, thank you very much.

On 01/13/2016 07:47 AM, lodopidolo wrote:
Hello. It is possible to call al PL/Python stored function natively from
another PL/Python function?

Something like:

|createorreplace functionf1()returns text as$$return"hello"$$language
'plpython3u';|

|do $$begin...t =f1()...end;$$language 'plpython3u';|

Regards.

(this question has been made in
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34764665/call-postgres-pl-python-stored-function-from-another-pl-python-block
too).

In addition to the other answers there is the option of just creating the function in a Python module outside Postgres and doing:

from some_module import f

Which would seem to address this(from the SO post):

"This can be done using t = plpy.execute("select f1()"), but I want, if it is possible, call it as a normal Python function to avoid type conversions (for example jsonb, etc)."

The downside being you have a dependency outside the database.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com