Re: Adding support for Default partition in partitioning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rahila Syed
Subject Re: Adding support for Default partition in partitioning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello,

Please find attached an updated patch.
Following has been accomplished in this update:

1. A new partition can be added after default partition if there are no conflicting rows in default partition.
2. Solved the crash reported earlier.

Thank you,
Rahila Syed

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 6:22 PM, David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
On 3/31/17 10:45 AM, David Steele wrote:
> On 3/29/17 8:13 AM, Rahila Syed wrote:
>
>> Thanks for reporting. I have identified the problem and have a fix.
>> Currently working on allowing
>> adding a partition after default partition if the default partition does
>> not have any conflicting rows.
>> Will update the patch with both of these.
>
> The CF has been extended but until April 7 but time is still growing
> short.  Please respond with a new patch by 2017-04-04 00:00 AoE (UTC-12)
> or this submission will be marked "Returned with Feedback".

This submission has been marked "Returned with Feedback".  Please feel
free to resubmit to a future commitfest.

Regards,
--
-David
david@pgmasters.net