Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 14, 2022 at 3:23 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> If we captured equivalent output from the manual VACUUM in test_setup,
> maybe something could be learned.  However, it seems virtually certain
> to me that the problematic xmin is in some background process
> (eg autovac launcher) and thus wouldn't show up in the postmaster log,
> log_line_prefix or no.

A bunch of autovacuums that ran between "2022-04-14 22:49:16.274" and
"2022-04-14 22:49:19.088" all have the same "removable cutoff".

The logs from this time show a period of around three seconds
(likely more) where something held back OldestXmin generally.
That does seem a bit fishy to me, even though it happened about a
minute after the failure itself took place.

--
Peter Geoghegan