Re: [HACKERS] 2017-03 Commitfest In Progress - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: [HACKERS] 2017-03 Commitfest In Progress
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 10:43 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Parallel tuplesort (originally submitted to CommitFest 2016-09)
> Heikki and I have both done a little work to move this forward, but it
> needs a lot more attention than it has gotten.  As I see it, this
> patch touches on two worlds: parallelism, and sorting.

I would like to remind anyone that is interested that I have
maintained an extensive Wiki page for this project, right up until
this week:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Parallel_External_Sort

> I don't mind
> reviewing the aspects of it that touch on whether parallelism is being
> done right, but I would like to have some help on the sorting end of
> things.

Your covering those aspects seems like something that would make this
an easier sell to another reviewer. Thanks!

--
Peter Geoghegan