Re: visibility map corruption - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: visibility map corruption
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 3:30 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> Yes, I can, though it seems like a much bigger issue than pg_upgrade.
> I will be glad to dig into it.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Technically this would be an issue
for any program that uses "pg_resetwal -x" in the way that pg_upgrade
does, with those same expectations. But isn't pg_upgrade the only
known program that behaves like that?

I don't see any reason why this wouldn't be treated as a pg_upgrade
bug in the release notes, regardless of the exact nature or provenance
of the issue -- the pg_upgrade framing seems useful because this is a
practical problem for pg_upgrade users alone. Have I missed something?

--
Peter Geoghegan