Re: [BUGS] BUG #14526: no unique or exclusion constraint matching theON CONFLICT - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #14526: no unique or exclusion constraint matching theON CONFLICT
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 10:54 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> That makes the question less about why it fails and more about why it
> seems to sometimes work.  It shouldn't, at least not with this set of
> indexes and this query.

Agreed.

Log output from Tiago's system, with debug_print_parse = on,
debug_print_plan = on, and debug_print_rewritten = on might tell us
some more. If Tiago can enable those at a time that catches the
successful execution of the query (where inference mysteriously
works), we'd have a good chance of understanding what's up. (This is
probably something to be done quite selectively in production.)

--
Peter Geoghegan