Re: [HACKERS] ginInsertCleanup called from vacuum could still misstuples to be deleted - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: [HACKERS] ginInsertCleanup called from vacuum could still misstuples to be deleted
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 12:29 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am also clear on what the consequences of this bug are.  It seems
> like it could harm insert performance by making us wait when we
> shouldn't, but can it cause corruption?  That I'm not sure about.  If
> there's already a cleanup of the pending list in progress, how do
> things go wrong?

While it was probably the right thing for you to go ahead and commit
the patch, I think that the bug undermines whatever confidence there
was in the correctness of the GIN pending list cleanup code. I have
far more questions than answers right now, though.

--
Peter Geoghegan