Re: Frequetly updated partial index leads to bloat on index for Postresql 11 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Frequetly updated partial index leads to bloat on index for Postresql 11
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 6:51 AM Tom Dearman <tom.dearman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is this a known issue, are they any ways around it, and if it is an
> issue is there a plan to fix it if a fix is possible?

It's not exactly a known issue per se, but I think the problem here is
related to the fact that you have lots of duplicates, which did
perform rather badly prior to Postgres 12. I bet that you'd benefit
from upgrading to Postgres 12, or especially to Postgres 13. The
B-Tree space management is a lot better now. (Actually, it'll be
better again in Postgres 14.)

--
Peter Geoghegan