Re: Decoding speculative insert with toast leaks memory - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Decoding speculative insert with toast leaks memory
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 10:34 PM Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh.bapat.oss@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> We saw OOM in a system where WAL sender consumed Gigabttes of memory
> which was never released. Upon investigation, we found out that there
> were many ReorderBufferToastHash memory contexts linked to
> ReorderBuffer context, together consuming gigs of memory. They were
> running INSERT ... ON CONFLICT .. among other things. A similar report
> at [1]

What is the relationship between this bug and commit 7259736a6e5,
dealt specifically with TOAST and speculative insertion resource
management issues within reorderbuffer.c? Amit?

--
Peter Geoghegan