Re: pageinspect: add tuple_data_record() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: pageinspect: add tuple_data_record()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 6:39 PM James Coleman <jtc331@gmail.com> wrote:
byteaarray of raw attribute heap values, it returns a row type of the relation being examined.

I've been doing something similar with a modified
btreefuncs.c/bt_page_items() recently. The approach I've taken is
pretty grotty. It would be nice to have a reasonable way of doing
this, for both heap tuples and index tuples. (Relatedly,
bt_page_items() should probably have a bytea "data" field instead of a
text "data" field.)

--
Peter Geoghegan