Re: Multiple FPI_FOR_HINT for the same block during killing btreeindex items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Multiple FPI_FOR_HINT for the same block during killing btreeindex items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 6:47 PM James Coleman <jtc331@gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe the write pattern to this table likely looks like:
> - INSERT
> - UPDATE
> - DELETE
> for every row. But tomorrow I can do some more digging if needed.

The pg_stats.null_frac for the column/index might be interesting here. I
believe that Active Record will sometimes generate created_at columns
that sometimes end up containing NULL values. Not sure why.

--
Peter Geoghegan