Re: BUG #15609: synchronous_commit=off insert performance regressionwith secondary indexes - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: BUG #15609: synchronous_commit=off insert performance regressionwith secondary indexes
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 11:32 PM Saul, Jean Paolo
<paolo.saul@verizonconnect.com> wrote:
> But that seems to imply that there was a change deeper in the code that causes this regression on PG10+.
> IMHO I cannot be the only one that noticed this, since PG10 has been out for a while and secondary indexes are quite
commonin practice.

> I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction on how to further investigate this?

What size is bool_idx, and the other indexes once your benchmarks
finish? How do they compare across versions?

--
Peter Geoghegan