Re: Improving connection scalability: GetSnapshotData() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Improving connection scalability: GetSnapshotData()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Aug 16, 2020 at 2:11 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> For the first, one issue is that there's no obviously good candidate for
> an uninitialized xid. We could use something like FrozenTransactionId,
> which may never be in the procarray. But it's not exactly pretty.

Maybe it would make sense to mark the fields as inaccessible or
undefined to Valgrind. That has advantages and disadvantages that are
obvious.

If that isn't enough, it might not hurt to do this on top of whatever
becomes the primary solution. An undefined value has the advantage of
"spreading" when the value gets copied around.

--
Peter Geoghegan