Re: Clang UndefinedBehaviorSanitize (Postgres14) Detected undefined-behavior - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Clang UndefinedBehaviorSanitize (Postgres14) Detected undefined-behavior
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 11:04 PM Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 11:11:47PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > It's surely not hard to visualize cases where necessary code could
> > be optimized away if the compiler thinks it's entitled to assume
> > such things.
>
> Good point.

I wonder if we should start using -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/4/4/601

This may not be strictly relevant to the discussion, but I was
reminded of it just now and thought I'd mention it.

--
Peter Geoghegan