Using the rr debugging tool to debug Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Using the rr debugging tool to debug Postgres
Date
List pgsql-hackers
rr is a tool that makes gdb much more useful by supporting recording
and replaying of the program being debugged. I highly recommend trying
rr if you're somebody that regularly uses gdb to debug Postgres. rr
implements a gdbserver under the hood, so it's very easy to start
using once you're already familiar with gdb.

I have written a Wiki page on how to use rr to record and replay
Postgres executions:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Getting_a_stack_trace_of_a_running_PostgreSQL_backend_on_Linux/BSD#Recording_Postgres_using_rr_Record_and_Replay_Framework

--
Peter Geoghegan